On-Site Energy Assessments
The IAC offers FREE on-site energy assessments for small to mid-sized companies in Michigan. Energy assessments are an excellent tool for identifying ways to save energy and reduce costs in your facility. Our team of energy experts will work with you to:
- Evaluate historical energy use in your facility
- Review operating procedures and examine equipment and systems
- Make recommendations for improvements that will quickly pay for themselves in reduced energy costs
- Help you to develop a robust energy management plan or improve your existing plan
IAC uses up-to-date software tools, methods, and equipment (such as infrared cameras and sonic leak detection), to help identify areas for energy efficiency improvements in your facility.
Smaller and medium-sized companies can qualify for a 1-day Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) assessment. Eligible companies must meet three of the following criteria:
- Gross sales below $100 million
- Fewer than 500 employees at the plant
- Annual utility bills more than $100,000 and less than $2 million
- No in-house professional staff to perform an assessment
For the Industrial Assessment audits, the Industrial Assessment team conducts a one-day site visit to perform a facility assessment. Before the site visit, the team will examine your plant's energy and water utility bills to gain an understanding of how much energy is being put to use, and develop a plan for your facility's assessment. Once on site, the team uses its tools and non-intrusive measurement devices to inspect and record data on the plant's equipment, environmental conditions and processes in order to identify key efficiency recommendations. At the end of the assessment visit, the team will have a wrap-up session with the company sponsor to discuss the preliminary recommendations and findings with the plant's staff. Within 60 days, a report detailing the analysis, findings and recommendations is sent to you, and a few months after your receipt of the report, the IAC will follow up for feedback.